RPS is always looking for experienced, qualified, driven individuals to join our team. We believe in holding ourselves to the highest standards possible, and our reputation is the foundation of the success and continued growth of our company.
The majority of our employees work remotely, as part of a close-knit team of industry veterans and professionals.
The Rubicon family of companies is proud to support our country’s military veterans, a commitment that earned a Platinum Award from the U.S. Department of Labor.
RPS is an equal opportunity employer. We are firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or non–job-related handicaps in connection with hiring, placement, promotions, and other employment decisions.
If RPS sounds like a good fit for you, please attach a copy of your résumé and contact us below.
Current Employment Opportunities
Rubicon Professional Services Project Manager (PM) is responsible for all aspects of project life cycle, from initial set up through final completion and turnover to the client.
Below is a partial list of the duties and expectations of our PMs:
- The project manager will review the prime contract with the client, ensure updated and complete drawing sets are provided and establish the project schedule.
- Review the subproposals, award subcontracts and confirm schedule.
- Coordination of subcontractors and third-party vendors; development and management of project schedules; coordination with client representatives and landlord representatives.
- Coordination of scope, schedule and cost changes.
- Review and submit pay applications, confirm receipt of payment from Client is per contract schedule, and that all subcontractor and vendor payments are made per contract.
- Manage weekly OAC and subcontract meetings.
- Manage submittals, RFIs, and long lead items and review for quality and accuracy.
- Site visits for kickoff and certain project milestones.
- Daily communication with site project superintendent to assure that safety, quality, and schedule are maintained.
- Coordinate inspections and signoffs with local AHJs and RPS superintendent.
- Review and establish punch lists, and closeout documentation.
- Provide complete closeout documentation and 100% client satisfaction.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Rubicon’s Project Superintendent (PS) is responsible for the following functions (as well as additional responsibilities assigned from time to time based on the project and client):
- Provide service consistent with the role of project Superintendent on construction projects.
- Manage all site safety. This includes keeping the public safe, ensuring subcontractors and vendors are working safely with all required PPE.
- Develop site safety and logistics plans. Maintain site safety plan amongst site subs and all visitors to the site.
- Conduct weekly toolbox talks and daily site safety inspections, or as required by site conditions.
- Keep detailed daily logs and daily photos of the project.
- Coordination of subcontractors and third-party vendors; development and management of project schedules; coordination with client representatives and landlord representatives and AHJs.
- Assist the PM with scope, schedule and cost changes.
- Review and develop RFIs and responses.
- Review all submittals and have a record copy on hand for quality control in the field.
- Review Rubicon’s client’s project requirements from a technical and construction aspect.
- Assist with development of preliminary project scopes for incorporation into client and subcontractor contracts.
- As part of Rubicon’s construction services team, work with client’s design teams to review construction documents and provide technical reviews and value engineering services.
- Provide oversight to Rubicon’s construction subcontractors and vendors.
- Lead and document subcontractor meetings and participate in owner meetings on site as required by the project.
- Develop, review and approve Methods of Procedures for critical cutovers or commissioning activities. Conduct or attend coordination meetings and perform installation inspections and testing supervision.
- Establish punch and checklists for final completion and turnover to the client.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
Compensation commensurate with experience
At Rubicon Professional Services, the Estimator is an integral part of the construction process, ensuring competitiveness and profitability. The Estimator will be responsible for cost estimates for multiple concurrent construction projects.
Below is a partial list of responsibilities:
- Analyze construction drawings and specifications to complete bid package
- Interact with owner, architect, engineers and consultants to resolve specification and/or design issues
- Prepares documentation and solicit to subcontractors and vendors for bidding
- Work with manufacturers and vendors to provide pricing and feasibility of products required to complete the bid package
- Visit sites to gather essential information – some travel will be required.
- Prepare detailed reports or bids for submission ensuring a complete understanding of the scope of work
- Transmits any addenda and other bid information to subcontractors
- Generate project schedules for estimating, projecting time frames, material lead times, potential setbacks to submit with bid
- Submit 100% of bids and budgets by bid deadline-no exceptions
The ideal candidate will have:
- Understanding of accounting and project management concepts
- Proficiency in computer skills, particularly MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent communication, written and verbal, and negotiation abilities
- Great attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- The ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- The ability to complete required paperwork correctly to meet deadlines
- The ability to work anytime to make sure bid is submitted by deadline
- The ability to travel when needed
- Self-motivated team player who can easily adapt to changes
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Clean background and driving record; drug free
- Proven experience as construction estimator is required
We are always looking for experienced team members throughout the U.S. Interested in becoming a RPS team member? Please submit your resume using the “General” drop down menu below if you do not see a position listed.
Employment Awards and Recognition
In recognition of the tremendous value our veterans bring to our homes and workplace, Rubicon is proud to be recognized for the third consecutive year as a Hire Vets Platinum Medallion Award recipient as presented by the U.S. Department of Labor. With more than 85% of our staff having served in the United States Armed Forces, we are fully prepared and committed to helping our veterans, regardless of era, begin or continue to develop their professional career.
Rubicon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Rubicon is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Rubicon are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, age, physical, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Rubicon will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.